Having a baby in another country is a challenge. Many foreigners living in China opt to go to Thailand or Hong Kong or to return to their home country to have a baby. However, some foreigners do opt to have babies here or to get training for childbirth and parenting. Many have local friends who are looking for professionals to get training from them.
I fall into that category. I have a friend who has been going through a pregnancy and we have recommended her to the David and Lisa Newsham at My China Solutions. They are thoughtful, caring, and extremely helpful and I recommend their services to anyone who is in or around Chengdu and needs some training or advice.
Here’s their contact info and a few of their services listed on their website:
MCSChina@gmail.com Phone: 13683464048
- General Consulting Services:
- Childbirth Training / Doula Services
- Infant CPR
- Patient Consulting/Advising
- Parenting Classes
- Professional and Technical English Training
- Human Resources:
- CPR / First Aid (American Heart Association Certified Trainers)
- Emergency Preparedness / Safety in the Workplace
- Career Coaching
- Expat Cultural and Orientation
David & Lisa
Training available in English, Chinese, Sichuan-Hua, Tibetan, and Yi languages.